ISO 22000 Foundation
ISO 22000 Introduction
Why should you attend?
The PECB Certified ISO 22000 Foundation training course presents the basic information on the concepts of food safety management and an overview of the ISO 22000 requirements. By participating in this training course, you will be able to understand the different aspects of an FSMS based on ISO 22000, including the top management commitment, food safety policy, work environment, operational controls, PRPs, traceability, hazard controls, performance evaluations, and continual improvement.
The successful completion of the training course is followed by an exam. If you pass the exam, you can apply for the “PECB Certified ISO 22000 Foundation” credential. An internationally recognized “PECB ISO 22000 Foundation” certificate validates your professional capabilities and demonstrates your ability to participate in an implementation project of an FSMS based on ISO 22000.
Who should attend?
The ISO 22000 Foundation training course is intended for:
- Managers or consultants involved in food safety management
- Individuals wishing to get acquainted with the ISO 22000 requirements for a food safety management system
- Personnel responsible for maintaining conformity to the ISO 22000 requirements in an organization
- FSMS implementation team members
- Individuals wishing to pursue a career in food safety management
- This training course enables you to:
- Get acquainted with the fundamental concepts and principles of ISO 22000
- Understand the requirements of ISO 22000 for a food safety management system (FSMS)
- Understand the basic approaches, methods, and practices that can be used for the implementation of FSMS
There are no prerequisites to participate in this training course.
Training Days: 2
CPD Certification (Credits): 14
Exam Duration : 1 hour
Retake Exam: Yes
Day 1: Introduction to food safety, FSMS, and clauses 4–6 of ISO 22000
Day 2: Clauses 4–10 of ISO 22000 and the certification exam
The PECB Certified ISO 22000 Foundation exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). It covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of food safety and food safety management systems
Domain 2: ISO 22000 requirements for a food safety management system – Clauses 4 to 10
For specific information about exam type, languages available, and other details, please visit the List of PECB Exams and the Examination Rules and Policies.
Upon the successful completion of the exam, you can apply for the credential shown on the table below. For more information about ISO 22000 certifications and the PECB certification process, please visit the Certification Rules and Policies.
The PECB ISO 22000 Foundation certification scheme has the following requirements:
Credential Exam Professional experience MS audit/assessment experience FSMS project experience Other requirements PECB Certified ISO 22000 Foundation PECB Certified ISO 22000 Foundation exam or equivalent None None None Signing the PECB Code of Ethics
- Certification fees are included in the exam price.
- PECB will provide training material of over 200 pages of information and practical examples.
- An attestation of course completion worth 14 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to the participants who have attended the training course.
- In case of exam failure, the candidate can retake the exam once for free within 12 months of the initial exam date.